26 Icky & Ooey Halloween Activities for Toddlers
Click here to read 26 Icky & Ooey Halloween Activities for Toddlers on Hands On As We Grow®
Boo! Did I scare you?
My kids love to scare each other, even my toddler! It’s a fun game, and really not at all scary.
Those are the times of Halloween activities for toddlers that I love. The not-so-scary kind, but yet still a little spooky and icky, to introduce them to Halloween!
Ready for some Halloween fun for toddlers?
Here are 26 not-so-scary, but still icky and ooey, Halloween activities for toddlers. I included lots of fun monsters, spiders and spider webs, pumpkins, and of course some slimy fun!
26 Not-So-Scary, but Still Icky and Ooey, Halloween Activities for Toddlers
Monsters, Mummies and Madness, Oh My!
We love the book, Bedtime for Monsters (affiliate link), and my toddler loves monster kisses from me every night. So why not add in some cute monsters toddlers can make too? Check these out! Find the links to these wonderfully scary monster activities for toddlers below.
- Yarn Monsters
- Monster Stew Sensory Bin from Plain Vanilla Mom
- Monster Sensory Tub from I Can Teach my Child
- Mix and Match Monsters from And Next Comes L
- Play Dough Monsters from I Can Teach My Child
- Monster Treat Bags
- Mummy Craft from No Time for Flash Cards
- Glue Mummy Craft from Kids Play Box
Jack-O’-Lanterns and Pumpkin Decorating
Pumpkin decorating is a favorite pastime for me, and it is for most kids too, I’d say. But cutting with a knife and toddlers just don’t go well together. You can’t miss out on this favorite though!
Decorate those Jack-O’-Lanterns toddler-style! Or just make pumpkins, too!
By the way, Pumpkin Town (affiliate link) is a fun book to read this time of year! Find the links to these creative pumpkin activities for toddlers below.
- Decorate Pumpkins Monster Style
- Washi Tape Pumpkins from The Educator’s Spin On It
- Pumpkin Suncatcher Craft for Toddlers from Here Come the Girls Blog
- Interactive Pumpkin Fridge from Anything for an M&M
- Pumpkin Art for Toddlers from Teaching 2 & 3 Year Olds
- Pumpkin Pom Pom Push from Happy Toddler Playtime
Eww! Spiders and Spider Webs!
You can’t have Halloween without spider webs! Just don’t make them too icky for toddlers, or you’ll never get to have them again!
Keep them fun and friendly this Halloween season with these adorable (yet a little spooky) ideas for toddlers. (Of course, read A Very Busy Spider (affilliate link) to go along with these, its a fantastic book!)
- Spider Handprint Window Clings
- Spaghetti Webs
- Spider Web Discovery Basket from The Train Driver’s Wife
- Spider Web Resist Art Project from Let’s Lasso the Moon
- Marbled Spider Web Art from TinkerLab
- Spiders & Spider Web Activity Tray from Pre-K Pages
- Sticky Spider Wall from Toddler Approved
Oh, the Slimy Sensory Goo!
Sensory activities are always a great go-to activity for toddlers. Just be careful to make it edible if you have a toddler that puts everything in their mouth.
Find the links below to some fun slimy, gooey, Halloween sensory fun for toddlers below!
- Slimy Eyes Sensory Bag
- Slimy Spaghetti Potion
- Halloween Shaving Cream Sensory
- Edible Eyeballs Sensory Bin from Fun at Home with Kids
- Spooky Fall Sensory Bottle from Teaching Mama
- 3-Ingredient Halloween Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands