4 Ways To Keep Your Passion For Fashion As A Busy Mom
Consider the fact that global retail sales of clothes and footwear reached USD$1.9 trillion in 2019, and the figure is expected to climb to a steep USD$3 trillion by 2030. That should be convincing enough to make you want to keep your passion for fashion, despite having become a mom and a busy one at that. (1)
Aside from the monetary benefits, there’s the gratification that comes when you pursue your passion with all your being. As you see dozens or hundreds of your customers walking down the street in outfits you helped design, you can’t help but delight in your achievements.
Here are some helpful pointers for fashion lovers to help you retain your passion for fashion as a busy mom:
1. Become a fashion designer
As a fashion designer, you create clothing items from start to finish, including material selection, concept art design, sizing, fitting, and stitching. It calls for great creativity to come up with designs that agitate the ever-evolving fashion industry. Provided you give it your best shot, nothing stops you from climbing up into the league of greats like Giorgio Armani, Tom Ford, and Gianni Versace. (2)
And once your fashionable outfits are ready, the next step is to showcase them to the public. You’d want a place with high human traffic, such as New York City, which draws millions of eager shoppers who want to try new products. Luckily, you don’t have to commit to long-term leases of retail shops, given that you’re in this business part-time.
What you need is pop up stores for rent New York that you can borrow for just a couple of days. Once you sell out your current stock, you can go back to designing even more outfits as you await the next round of sales.
2. Work as a part-time fashion illustrator
In this digital age of photographic overload, an illustration stands out as a refreshing oasis in the midst of a vast desert. Indeed, popular fashion magazines are using illustrations more and more, even for the cover pages, which have for long been characterized with models’ photos. (3)
With so many fashion magazines in the market today, you shouldn’t miss a contract or two if you work hard on your art skills. The good thing is that this is a part-time gig. Thus, it won’t affect your busy mommy schedule. And do note that it doesn’t stop with magazines. You can also work with a fashion designer, wherein you illustrate, and then they bring your idea to life.
Another alternative is to become a social media influencer with your drawing skills. You can open a personal social media account to this end and regularly post your illustrations. Remember, ‘there’s a lot of money at play’ with this influencer thing. Once you amass a significant follower count, you can partner with clothing brands and earn millions of dollars, similar to other influencers. (4)
3. Start a fashion blog
Perhaps you’re not wired for drawing, but you can express yourself using words. Please don’t wait any longer. Start a fashion blog and constantly compose excellent content on the ongoings in the fashion industry. And similar to social media influencing, blogging can help you earn money, provided you strive to continually get better at your craft.
4. Dress fashionably
Finally, keep your passion for fashion by always dressing to kill, whether you’re at home, at your workplace, on a date with your significant other, or even enjoying the summer sun around your neighborhood.
Here are a few tips for dressing fashionably:
- Invest in essential casual wear, such as pants and t-shirts, which you can put on as you run everyday errands.
- Buy some pairs of jeans that hug your body shape and compliment your features. They should look great with any tees paired with them.
- Consider buying some of these must-have stylish day dresses for every season.
- Purchase clothes that don’t need ironing. You won’t have to waste too much time when dressing, as you just need to slip right into them in less than a minute.
- A closet full of clothes that don’t fit can be very demotivating, So, declutter your closet so that you keep only those clothes that you can wear. Also, reorganize your closet to rediscover the dresses and skirts that you might be forgetting to wear, yet they’re still fashionable. (5)
- Accentuate your outfits with accessories, such as scarves, sunglasses, hats, ornaments, watches, and shoes. You’ll be surprised how these small details can make you look more luxurious and elegant.
Clothing choices somehow reflect your self-image. Remember, it’s not too late to look fashionably chic again, now that you’re a busy mom. So, consider the above tips on dressing fashionably.
Further, pursue your passion for fashion through becoming a fashion designer, illustrator, or writer. Remember, you can do anything you want as long as you pour your mind and heart into it.
- U.S. apparel market – statistics & facts,” https://www.statista.com/topics/965/apparel-market-in-the-us/
- “The most iconic fashion designers of the last 100 years,” https://www.insider.com/most-iconic-fashion-designers-of-the-last-century
- “Why Fashion Illustration Matters in the Digital Age,” https://www.vogue.com/article/why-fashion-illustration-matters-in-the-digital-age
- “Fyre Festival to fashion week, how do Instagram influencers make so much money?” https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2019/02/12/instagram-youtube-influencer-rates-fyre-festival-fashion-week-money-rich-branding-ads-girls/2787560002/
- “How to Dress Fashionably,” https://www.wikihow.com/Dress-Fashionably
The post 4 Ways To Keep Your Passion For Fashion As A Busy Mom appeared first on The Fashionable Housewife.