430+ Yarn Crafts for Kids
You don’t have to know how to crochet or knit to make fun yarn crafts for kids. There are so many creative ideas for using yarn in crafting, and we’ve found over 430 of the best projects! Some use yarn as the main supply while others use yarn as an embellishment. Below are some of our favorites.
Yarn Crafts for Kids
- Yarn Hearts – Use yarn and floral wire to make beautiful hearts to give or display. Follow the same steps to make other shapes, too!
- Paper Plate Jellyfish – Yarn acts as the tentacles for this fun jellyfish craft that is perfect for young crafters.
- Footprint Zebra – This cute craft starts with your footprint! Yarn and googly eyes give the zebra so much personality.
- Rainbow Tapestry – Make your own loom to create circular tapestries. Hang them on the wall, or use them as coasters.
- Paper Cup Parrot – Create colorful paper cup parrots with yarn, feathers, and some other basic materials. They are easy to do and so cute!
- Paper Plate Boat – Work on fine motor skills as kids lace up this colorful paper plate boat craft.
- Yarn Wrapped Tulips – Wrap cardboard tulips with colorful yarn to make a pretty spring bouquet. This fine motor activity is a great choice for young crafters.
- Rock Doll Faces – Start with ordinary rocks and transform them into doll faces using paints, markers, yarn and your creativity.
- Emotions Stress Ball Set – Teach kids about emotions with these flour filled balloons representing different feeling. They are so much fun to squeeze, squash, smash and smoosh.
- Parrot Yarn Painting – Use scraps of yarn to ‘paint’ a beautiful picture of a parrot. Or get creative and make a different animal, your favorite cartoon character, or anything else you can imagine.
Want some ideas for the grown ups too? Check out these easy yarn crafts over at Crafts by Amanda.