Celebrate Earth Day with a Succulent Garden
This easy craft will inspire your kids to take a deeper look at nature as they create a miniature indoor garden.
This DIY kids project from The Succulent Source is perfect for Earth Day or just about any day when you kids need a fun activity. We ordered the supplies from Succulent Source to celebrate Earth Day with a succulent garden. This easy craft will inspire your kids to take a deeper look at nature.
Plant something on Earth Day
Earth Day is April 22, and this year marks 50 years of Earth Day. While I love a good celebration of the Earth, I also believe in small everyday actions to teach out kids to notice nature. Bringing a garden indoors is the perfect way to educate your family.
Even city kids can pull off this creation. I got my supplies from the family owned and operated Succulent Source. They put together kits that offer everything you need and they can ship anywhere in the country.
Order your kit here Thesucculentsource.com
Watch Our Step-by-Step DIY Succulent Project Here
Sharing Care and Keeping of Succulents
The joy of these plants is that they don't need to much TLC. But that doesn't mean you can neglect them completely. Here are a few tips for the care and keeping of your need plant friends.
- Succulents can take direct sun, so put this near a window to watch them flourish. The plants need to be in a planter with good drainage.
- Here's a tip from Architectural Digest: Don’t use a spray bottle to water your succulents—misting can cause brittle roots and moldy leaves.
I hope you will enjoy this craft. Thanks to our friends at The Succulent Source your family can stay safe at home while have everything you need to create this beautiful project.
More Green Living Ideas from Momtrends
- Tips on how to reduce reuse and recycle this Earth Day
- Educate and inspire easy Earth Day crafts activities
- Becoming a Junior Park Ranger
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.
This is not a sponsored post.