Easy Fall Leaf Paint Project Craft for Kids
Make the most of the changing seasons with this fall project for kids that combines nature and art.
Can you smell fall in the air? On my last few hikes, I've started to see leaves falling along the path. It got me thinking about getting kids to spend time in nature. Our go-to crafting editor created this easy fall leaf paint project craft for kids.
Related: How to make your own dinosaur egg
To help on this project, we enlisted master crafter Karimah Henry from the site craftingafunlife.com. I love that this project starts with heading outdoors. It's really a two-part operation. Part one involves hunting for leaves, and part two is the crafting.
I simply love the simplicity of the plan. If you haven't checked out her site before do it ASAP. Karimah came up with a list of supplies and step-by-step instructions for creating this cool craft.
Fall Leaf Paint Project Supplies
- Paint (acrylic or tempera)
- Bag or bucket
- Paint brushes
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper plate or paint palette
Fall Leaf Paint Project Instructions
- Grab a bag and go outside to collect some leaves. If you don’t have any trees nearby, take a trip to your local park.
- Cover the table with a plastic tablecloth to make clean up time a bit easier.
- Place the leaves in the middle of the table to allow the kids to choose their favorite.
- Add a variety of paint to either a paper plate or paint palette then place on the table. Set out a few paint brushes as well.
- Now it’s time to let the kids paint. They can use any color and create any pattern on their leaves. Let the kids get creative and have fun!
When you are done painting, you can make a garland with the leaves or frame them.
MORE KID-CENTRIC IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Giant crepe paper spring flowers
- Watermelon paper plate craft for kids
- Make a Midsommar floral wreath craft
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel destinations to help inspire your next trip. Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with Kids here.
This is not a sponsored post.