Felt Pizza Kids Activity + Free Printable Pizza Templates!
I’m sharing how to make a felt pizza, it’s a kids’ activity! This project includes a printable template for the pizza toppings and a printable for the pizza slice. Have fun cutting the project from felt for a toddler craft or if the kids are old enough let them cut it themselves. Play, learn, and have fun making a felt pizza!
You might be looking for crafts for kids and activities to do with the kids. I know my daughter is at home, homeschooling for the first time. Are you? You can make this a homeschool project too. Pizza making is fun! So is this an easy idea. Use the felt craft to keep kids busy and learning! And they are done with their felt kid’s craft project you might enjoy making pizza for dinner with the kids!
Felt Pizza Kids Activity
I love making felt crafts with the kids and doing kid’s activities with them. This past summer I had my little granddaughter over all by herself for the first time. It was her big first trip to stay with us(they live 5 hours away). I cut out felt pizza topping shapes, felt pizza shapes, and grabbed paper plates and we had a fun time making felt pizzas!
This is a super easy craft for kids (or) you can do the cutting if they are too young. It is easy to cut out the felt food shapes for pizza. Then the kids assemble the pizza onto paper plates. I love it when you can combine arts and crafts. Then even combine this activity with baking a real pizza, for teaching kids. It makes it really fun to see how kids think, play, and learn.
Kids Activities and Learning Skills That You Can Practice From This Felt Craft
Practice and Learn
- number recognition
- basic fractions
- color recognition
- color matching
- manual dexterity
- cutting skills (with the appropriate kid’s scissors)
- thinking outside the box (or should I say pizza box)
Or, just have fun making felt pizzas!
You can even coordinate this activity for kids with making pizza for dinner! We have a printable pizza-making ingredient checklist below and other resources.
How To Make Play Pizza From Felt
- GRAB ALL THE PIZZA TEMPLATE IN THE EXCLUSIVE SUBSCRIBER LIBRARY – IT INCLUDES; PIZZA TEMPLATE, PIZZA TOPPING TEMPLATE (COLORED & UNCOLORED), PIZZA TOPPING CHECKLIST.
- CUT THE TEMPLATE FROM COMPUTER PAPER 1. USE IT AS A PATTERN FOR FELT (OR) 2. CUT AND COLOR THE PIZZA
- FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS
- BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE FOR ACCESS(We have an Exclusive Subscriber Library With Printables and Resources. With more being added monthly!)
- Grab a pack of different colored felt
- Get out your kids scissors or adults get out your (small) craft scissors or (regular) craft scissors
- Print the (Pizza Topping Template) SUBSCRIBE FOR ACCESS CODE
- Print the (Pizza Slice Template) SUBSCRIBE FOR ACCESS CODE (use the same template for making the pizza sauce just cute the shape slightly smaller and round the edges) there is a colored template and a black and white template
- Print the (pizza-making ingredient checklist) template
- Cut out the templates
- Put the template onto the felt and then cut the template pattern out
- Lay your felt pizza topping shapes on a paper plate
- Lay your pizzas on another paper plate (s)
- Let the kids assemble the felt pizza
- Use the felt pizza activity for teaching kids or just for playing. Kids enjoy making pizza from the felt food pieces.
Can you sew the felt pizza pieces together? Can you sew the felt topping pieces?
This is a no-sew felt project for the kids. But, yes you can sew it. Use the template as a pattern then hand stitch around the edges. See the instructions below for sewing.
- Cut two of each felt piece from the template that is exact matches, and use hand-stitching for attaching the felt pieces with thread or (my preference) embroidery thread.
- If you want them stuffed, add a small amount of stuffing sandwiched in between the two pieces, then sew it together.
- Start at one end with a knot when starting, go around the piece of felt, meet the two ends together and tie off with a knot.
Older kids can use this for a beginning hand sewing project too.
Here are a few related projects you can try too! Print the pizza-making checklist and have the older kid try reading and checking off items.
Alternatively, you can have the kids cut the pizza templates out and have the kids cut and assemble the pizza activity.
Make a coloring activity to match the felt pizza making. Have them draw a pizza and write down the topping they put on them.
Make a coloring activity to match the felt pizza making. Have them draw a pizza and write down the topping they put on them. It’s a really fun activity and young kids love doing it as there are so many pizza combinations they can make!
Now that you are done with the felt pizza kids activity; Do you want to pizza with the kids? Below are two helpful checklists. Plus pizza recipes and pizza kits we sourced. Making pizza with kids is fun!
Printable Pizza Maker Menu (checklist)
If you are making homemade pizza for dinner, this is what you will need!
Pizza Making Checklist
- Pizza Dough(kit) Or make Perfect Pizza Crust Recipe
- Pizza Sauce
- Pizza Cheese
- Garlic and Onions
- Red Bell Peppers
- Green Bell Peppers
- Artichoke Hearts
You will need items 1-4 and then any of the toppings on the list or your favorite toppings! What do you like on your pizza?
Continue the learning by making pizza for dinner with the kids!
Need a pizza recipe?
- Grab any of these 13+ Best Pizza Recipes – perfect for making pizza at home! Then have fun making real pizza after they play making felt pizza!
- Make Kids Size Pizzas
Kitchen Tools for making pizza at home
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Fun Stuff for Kids Pinterest
- Kids Arts and Crafts Pinterest
- Felt Crafts
- Crafts For Kids
Kids activities you may enjoy doing with your kids!
- Make A Boredom Buster – Kids Activity Jar DIY – You will want to make this and see even more ideas for having fun with the kids.
- Kids Butterfly Craft – make faux butterflies with foam beads and household items. Fun and easy!
- Flower Pot Crafts for kids – decorate mini flower pots, plant seeds…
- This book – Sewing For Kids – 30 Fun Projects To Hand And Machine Sew – (includes a pizza pencil case tutorial).
- PBS.org Peg + Cat Pizza Party (100th Day of School Pizza Party and Kids Activities)
- 45 Craft Kits For Kids to keep them busy playing and learning.
The post Felt Pizza Kids Activity + Free Printable Pizza Templates! appeared first on Dear Creatives.