Mermaid Tail Sensory Bottle
My girls sometime wish they were mermaids. They all love the water. They even have those full sized mermaid tails that really work! So it’s really no surprise that they love this Mermaid Tail Sensory Bottle.The glitter falls slowly through the glue and water mixture, creating a calm down effect. This sensory bottle also provides tactile, proprioceptive, and visual sensory feedback for kids.
Mermaid Tail Sensory Bottle:
- empty plastic water bottle (I prefer to use the sensory bottles from craft stores or the Voss brand)
- Elmer’s Clear School Glue
- warm water
- teal and purple glitter
- mermaid tail toys
- small coloured gems
- optional: Superglue or hot glue to seal
- Pour clear glue to about the halfway point in the empty water bottle.
- Fill with warm water almost to the top, replace the lid, and shake well to combine.
- Add glitter, a few gems, and the mermaid tail toys into the glue mixture.
- Seal the jar and shake well. If the glitter or confetti does not move easily, add more warm water. If the glitter or confetti moves too quickly, add additional glue.
- Replace the lid. If you are going to be using with young children, Superglue or use hot glue to secure the lid which will avoid spills and keep this play activity safer.
As with all our sensory activities, adult supervision should always be used. Even if you have glued the lid in place, kids can sometimes get it off and the contents have small parts that could potentially be a choking hazard.
Are you looking for more easy sensory play ideas? Join us for a five day email series on Sensory Activities and Solutions and get a free sample of our Sensory Play Recipes eBook.
Check out these other easy to make sensory bottles:
Pretty Princess Sensory Bottle
Rainbow Rainfall Sensory Bottle
The post Mermaid Tail Sensory Bottle appeared first on The Chaos and the Clutter.