The Best Gift for Dad: DIY Cufflinks
We are making personalized DIY Cuff Links the kids can help make. They are so easy and take only 10 minutes.
I have the hardest time trying to help the kiddos pick a Father's Day gift to give their dad. He's a hard one to shop for.
If he likes something, he'll go get it. So, it leaves me struggling and scrambling to put something together or pick something out for him.
Related: Recipes for Fathers Day
I don't want to just have the kids hand him a card they made him for Father's Day (which, we will do that too). I want to give him something he will use.
So, what to do?
This year, we decided to go handmade. Giving him a handmade father's day gift by the kids will definitely make dad happy.
Homemade gifts from the heart are the best.
We made these DIY cuff links. And they were so easy and so affordable. I think grandpa is going to get a set too!
How to Make DIY Cuff Links
- 16mm Cuff Link Tray Blanks
- 16mm Clear Glass Dome (Cabochon)
- tacky glue
- paint brush
- wallet-sized photo of child
- white cardstock
Instructions for DIY Cufflinks
- Trace the glass dome around your child's face in the photo. Cut it out. If you don't have a photo small enough for a cuff link, snap a photo of your child on your phone, email it to yourself and make it small enough in Word. Then, print it out to use.
- Put a dab of tacky glue on the cutout and spread the glue evenly with the paint brush.
- Press and hold the cutout on the bottom of the glass dome.
- Next, put a dab of glue on the bottom of the cutout that is glued to the dome. Spread the glue evenly with the paint brush.
- Press the dome into the cuff link tray.
- Then, dip your child's finger in paint and press it on the white card stock a few times. Let them dry. Pick the best fingerprint. Write the year under it with a pen.
- Repeat steps 1-5. But, don't put glue on the fingerprint. The paint will smear. Glue around it.
- Let your cuff links dry for at least 4 hours before using them.
You now have the best gift for dad! DIY cuff links that he will cherish forever.
I'm going to help the kids make a set from each of them. So, daddy can have 3 sets to alternate with. He can wear them during his business meetings.
I hope your kiddo's dad loves his personalized father's day gift! Have a wonderful Father's Day!
MORE FATHER'S DAY IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas and organize your life. Be sure to follow our Father's Day board here.