Yarn Crafts for Tweens
Yarn is an awesome, inexpensive craft item material, perfect for craft loving tweens! Check out this list of over 25 cool yarn crafts for tweens for some inspiration. It’s filled with fun, crafty yarn activity ideas best suited for kids ages 9-12 years.
In the list you’ll find lots of different yarn crafts that are perfect for tweens to try; including bracelet making, pom pom making, weaving and finger knitting tutorials. The DIY heart string craft makes an awesome room decoration!
Another useful yarn idea is the paper plate rainbow which uses yarn to help learn basic sewing techniques, perfect for tweens interested in learning to sew.
25+ Yarn Crafts for Tweens
This cute, but simple, activity creates an adorable heart string art perfect for your tween’s bedroom.
Have fun creating these cool pom pom bookmarks, perfect for a chill, but fun, activity.
French knitting is a fun activity, and great way to learn the basics of knitting.4. How to make pom pom hedgehogs from Mollymoo
These adorable pom pom hedgehogs are the perfect craft to keep tweens occupied!
5. DIY fruit pom poms from from Mr Printables
Try your hand at making these fruit pom poms with these super easy to find supplies.
6. Van Gogh starry night yarn craft from Messy Little Monsters
This cool starry night themed yarn craft is perfect for the more artsy tween.
7. How to finger knit: easy finger knitting instructions from One Little Project
Have a go at this cool finger knitting tutorial, it’s sure to keep your tween busy and entertained.
8. Yarn doll ghosts from The Craft Train
Check out this spooky cute yarn ghost craft!
9. String pull painting: string paint art with acrylic paint from One Little Project
This awesome yarn painting activity is the perfect arty activity for any tween looking for some painting inspo!
10. Yarn wrapped cardboard letters from Art Bar
Try out making these awesome yarn wrapped letters, perfect for creating some cool room decorations.
11. Weaving for kids: DIY twig frame from Childhood 101
Check out this awesome twig weaving tutorial and make this adorable yarn craft!
12. Rainbow friendship bracelets from My Poppet Makes
Follow these instructions to make a fun friendship bracelet.
13. How to make yarn rope from Babble Dabble Do
This is a fun way to use up scrap yarn.
14. DIY dreamcatcher from Art Bar Blog
Have fun making this cute and colourful dreamcatcher using yarn and washi tape!!
15. Woven CD dream catcher from Pink Stripey Socks.
This is another fabulous way to make a colourful dream catcher with yarn and a CD.
16. Butterfly finger knitting from Red Ted Art
Make a gorgeous butterfly with this finger knitting tutorial.
17. Finger knit snake craft from The Craft Train
This is another simple but fun craft to make from finger knitting.
18. Yarn weaving on a cardboard loom from Childhood101
This easy to make loom makes weaving easy.
19. Yarn star ornaments from Art Bar
These adorable star ornaments are super simple and fun to make!
20. How to make a God’s eye from Laughing Kids Learn
Check out this easy to follow tutorial to make God’s eyes, sure to be a hit with tweens!
21. Weaving cute baby turtles from Pink Stripey Socks
Use the God’s Eye technique to make these super cute baby turtles!
22. Paper plate rainbow yarn craft from I Heart Crafty Things
Take a look at this amazing rainbow yarn craft perfect for practicing sewing skills.
23. Make a colourful bracelet with soda straw weaving from There’s Just One Mommy
Create this cool yarn and straw bracelets using this awesome tutorial!
24. Paper plate weaving flowers from Mum in the Mad House
These awesome yarn woven flowers are the perfect nature activity for tweens.
25. Paper plate woven bowls from Happy Hooligans
These cute bowls would be a great place to keep all your trinkets!
26. Toilet roll crafts: colour popping bracelets from Molly Moo
These awesome, bright coloured, woven yarn bracelets are a great craft for entertaining tweens!
27. Yarn craft teepee: tealight holder from Blue Bear Wood
This tutorial for cute yarn teepees is super simple and super fun for tweens to make!
NEXT UP:For even more fun crafts for tweens, click through to see the huge list of Summer Crafts for Tweens (that are fun any time of year!) and for arty tweens there’s plenty of inspiration in the Art & Craft Projects for Tweens list.
You just finished reading Yarn Crafts for Tweens ! Consider leaving a comment!
Thank you for subscribing to Childhood 101, why not pop over to the blog to really see what's new, subscribe to our newsletter or to share this post with your friends.
The post Yarn Crafts for Tweens appeared first on Childhood101.