4 Great Sales
Think you missed out on great weekend sales while you were relaxing with family and friends? Think again! Here are my still-on-sale favorites from my most-loved retailers:
J.Crew: 30-40 percent off tons of products with code “FESTIVE.”
- Chateau Parka in Stadium-Cloth Wool or Chateau Puffer Jacket with Primaloft: Without a doubt, my two favorite pieces of outerwear from J.Crew. I’m obsessed. First, let’s talk about the Chateau Wool Parka. For years, I swore by the Cocoon Coat. And I still do really love mine! But I don’t know. The Chateau is just so… pretty. Both coats are made from the same super-warm stadium-cloth wool, but the Chateau has a removable faux-fur trim on the hood and pockets that are much deeper and more accessible. It’s a stunning coat. TTS. Second, let’s talk about the Chateau Puffer. Warmest coat I own. Seriously, I could not live without it, haha. I actually gave away my Canada Goose because I found myself wearing the Chateau Puffer almost exclusively, as it’s ridiculously toasty, much easier to move in, and safer for a variety of reasons. The puffer does run big, though. I would recommend going down a size. I wear the black the most, but I also love the red for the holidays and when Chicago winters get particularly gloomy.
- Nordic Boots: These are J.Crew’s best winter boots. I adore them. They’re wonderfully soft and therefore require absolutely zero break-in time, and they run true to size.
- Tartan Flannel Shirt: My favorite tartan flannel of the year! It actually comes in four different tartans, all of which I love, haha. Keep in mind that this is J.Crew’s classic cut, so size down if you want a more fitted look.
- Tartan Flannel Dress: LOVE! This is my Christmas dress for 2021. :) I loved it so much when it arrived that I wore it to Thanksgiving, too; you can see it here. It runs a bit large in the skirt, so consider sizing down especially if you have a smaller chest.
- Silk-Blend Mockneck Sweater: This is a great sweater for pairing with skirts during the winter! It’s warm but a lighter weight and form-fitting, so it tucks in really well and is very flattering. I also love that there’s absolutely no itchiness. I sized up because it has a slimmer cut. Definitely recommend! I have it in black and wear it almost every weekend. (The other top I wear almost every weekend is this cashmere one, but it’s unfortunately not on sale.)
- Cocoon Wool Coat or Cocoon Puffer with Primaloft: The wool Cocoon is the Chateau Parka’s competitor, haha. Again, I think the Chateau is a bit more interesting-looking, but the Cocoon is adorable and wildly warm. Its shape really keeps the wind out! Note: Runs a little large, as it’s a cocoon, haha. (If you’re looking for a more formal wool coat, try the Lady Day Coat.) As for the Cocoon Puffer, this is a wonderful fall/winter jacket—or winter jacket for those who live in more temperate locations. It’s surprisingly very warm, but it’s already been retired for me this year. Runs BIG; size down!
- Quilted Puffer Lady Jacket: This is a great layering jacket that can be worn on its own during the fall and spring or, again, in warmer parts of the country. I have it in the creamy white color and love it. TTS.
Nordstrom: Up to 50 percent off these deals.
- SPANX Faux Leather Leggings: These are my favorite faux leather leggings! They’re extremely stretchy so you kind of can’t mess the sizing up… which is why I might recommend sizing up, just for added comfort. I own the small pre-pregnancy years and large, which I bought when I was pregnant… and both still fit, haha! (Though I probably would buy a medium if I didn’t own those two sizes.) If you’re looking for non-leather leggings, try this Zella pair.
- T3 Hair Tools: T3 makes some of the best hair tools. I’ve been using their curling irons for years, and maintain that they’re the best curling irons ever invented. This curling iron and this hair dryer are my sale picks.
- $34 Initial Necklace: So affordable that you could totally buy two or more if you have multiple children and want several initials. ;)
- UGG Wedge Bootie: YES TO THIS. Ugg’s wedge boot line is incredible because you can wear them out. I pair mine with skirts and dresses during the winter and my feet stay toasty yet I feel dressed up! I would recommend going a half size up. There’s also a taller version and a tie version.
- Cashmere Turtleneck and Cashmere Crew: Nordstrom-branded cashmere is excellent, and you can’t beat today’s prices.
- Barefoot Dreams Throw Blanket: Without a doubt, my favorite throw blanket in our home! I love it so much I keep it in our bedroom, haha. Maybe I should get another and consider sharing…
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Face Cleanser: Best face wash ever if you have sensitive, dry skin. Worth every penny but I do try to wait for it to go on sale. It saves me in the winter, though I use it year-round. I should also note that the Kate Somerville website often has good deals on my favorite products: Goat Milk Face Cleanser and DeliKate Recovery Cream (The BEST moisturizer of all time). Even just signing up for emails gets you a great discount.
- Bobbi Brown Foundation: My favorite foundation of all time! I’ve tried lots over the years but I keep coming back to this one. It goes on perfectly, it evens out my skin tone like whoa yet looks like my natural skin, and it has SPF 20 in it. I wear the shade “warm porcelain” because I’m a vampire it’s fine.
- Favorite Ray-Ban Sunglasses: Okay, these were on a sale for a hot second and now they’re not, haha, but they’re on sale at Bloomingdales! They’re my go-to sunnies.
- Dyson Hair Dryer: Same with the Dyson hair dryer, but found it on Dyson’s website. (Refurbished, which is what I have because SAVINGS.) It dries my hair in under three minutes, which is a gift from the mom gods.
J.Crew Factory: 50 percent off and an extra 10 percent off with code “CYBER10.”
- Piped Sherpa Coat: Is this not awesome?! I somehow missed this; maybe it just came out. But it’s really cute. So cozy for the months ahead!
- Plaid Scarf: This is definitely my favorite holiday scarf. I have and love it in Green Navy Plaid and White Juniper Plaid. It’s really soft!
- Funnelneck Pullover: This was a crowd favorite last year and it’s back! It’s lined with a super soft terry material.
- Sherpa Button-front Tunic: I have the old shorter version of this, but love that Factory made it longer to cover butts in leggings. ;) It’s also lined with a terry fleece material for added coziness.
- Supersoft Chambray Shirt: I can’t tell you how good this chambray shirt is! It’s wildly soft so it’s perfect for winter. (Hate button-up shirts that have a cold feeling to them during the winter months. Need that warmth!) Runs big.
- Ruffle Sweater with Buttons: This is new to the site and I’m in love! Such a great price on a classic sweater that’ll go with all your holiday plaid. ;)
- Crystal Leaves Necklace: I bought this for the holidays this year!
- Pearl Bow Earrings and Crystal Bow Earrings: These are what I wear to nice events and dinners, year-round. They’re dainty and beautiful, and I always get questions about them.
- Flannel Button-Up Shirt in Tartan and Flannel Button-Up Shirt in Blackwatch Plaid: Fantastic patterns for fantastic prices.
- Lady Coat: This is Factory’s version of the J.Crew Lady Day Coat!
Serena & Lily: Use code “ITSHERE” to take 25 percent off your order.
- Balboa Mirror: We have this in Emma’s room and love it. Love that it’s a neutral—so works in nearly any space—but adds texture and dimension. You can find the entire Balboa line here.
- Diamond Jute Rug: I have this in my office! The diamond pattern brings some dimension to the room, and the rug somehow shows no dirt. A winner, for sure.
- Harbor Cane Collection: Our bed was our big furniture splurge when we moved in a few years ago, and I have zero regrets. I love all three colors! (Though we have it in white because I clearly enjoy changing up the decor in that space, haha.)
- Seaview Rug: SO SOFT! This is an indoor/outdoor rug. We’ve had it in various places in both homes, but right now it’s in the girls’ playroom because they love playing on it.
- Winn Hand-Knotted Rug: This is the rug we have in our living room. HOLY. It’s truly the most beautiful rug I’ve ever seen. We’ve also spilled tons of coffee, wine and cocktails on it with friends, hahaha… and you can’t tell at all! It’s a magic rug. I’m hoping and praying for a tan version of it to come out eventually because I’d love to have that in our bedroom!
- Westport Duvet Cover: We have this in Lucy’s room in white, and it’s perfect for the very pink space. (I’ve learned over the years that good design usually means incorporating different colors and textures. I used to just go ALL OUT and order everything in whatever color I was thinking, but I’ve come to realize that rooms look better when they’re balanced. Thank you, Kira David Design, for that awesome lesson!)
- Ryder Denim Rug: This is another crowd favorite. Preppy meets boho meets coastal.
- South Seas Side Cart: We have the larger version of this and use it outside as a bar cart during the summer, but my friend Bradley uses these smaller guys as her nightstands and they’re so pretty!
- Teak Step Stool: The best stool ever for little kids and adults alike! We have one in every bathroom, and often bring one into the kitchen when the girls want to cook or bake. Lucy also uses it as a seat for reading and playing. Highly recommend as it’s also pretty and actually adds to the look of a bathroom, kitchen or laundry room!