5 Staple Pieces, 10+ Combos (video)
Last month I shared a few closet staples and wanted to continue on that theme with more of my frequently-worn pieces! The items that made the cut for today’s post can all be mixed and matched across different seasons and occasions, simply through layering and changing up shoes and accessories. Scroll down for a few of the outfit combos with these 5 pieces, and you can watch my reel video here!
5 Closet Staples
For fit reference, I’m about 5′ tall, 32 bust – 24 waist – 33 hips.
- Mine is Sezane in xxs
- Beautiful similar option that can be worn as a cardigan. Budget friendly option.
Neutral wool coat
- Mine is the Edited Pieces Duo coat xxs
- Petites: A+F wool blend coat is on sale in multiple colors! xxsp fits me.
- Petites: Loft double breasted coat on sale in camel + black
- Higher end: Karen Millen, Ted Baker (US0 fits slim)
Blue straight leg jeans.
- Mine are Topshop straights in 25W x 30L regular. I went up 1 size at the waist.
- They also make the same jeans in petite lengths and with a finished hem (not raw cut).
- Also available at Nordstrom.
Black skinny jeans
- Mine are Everlane sz 24 ankle (just a few sizes left).
- Similar at Abercrombie in short, and Express in short.
1. Classic Sweater + Jeans
Dress it up with flats or heels, dress it down with sneakers or boots!
Right: Everlane sneakers 5 (very similar off white option), Polene bag
2. Winterize with Boots + a Coat
For cold weather, swap in ankle boots and layer on a long coat.
Right: Vince Camuto booties (old; similar below, all on sale), Polene bag
3. Chic layers
Bundling up further with a scarf in a monochromatic color scheme as the coat. Black pants + black booties also help elongate this chic layered look!
4. All Black + Pop of Color or Print
Add interest to a sleek all-black look with a striped sweater tied over your shoulders or waist, plus a pop of color with accessories.
5. Trio of Neutrals
Each of these pieces and colors are so classic and versatile, you can’t go wrong with mix & matching them.
6. All Black + Long Coat
Black on black serves as a simple yet chic canvas to be easily dressed up or down. I swapped slingback pumps (polished) for combat boots (edgy) to go from work to weekend.
7. Parisian Chic
A polished yet laid back look perfect for weekend outings.