Language Brain Teaser : Behead M
Braingle's Daily Brain Teaser for Apr 23, 2022
When you behead a word, you remove the first letter and still have a valid word. You will be given clues for the two words, longer word first.
Example: Begin -> Sour, acidic
Answer: The words are Start and Tart.
1. Female parent -> Not one already mentioned; alternate
2. Several; large indefinite number -> One; some indefinite number
3. A story's lesson -> Relating to the mouth; using speech
4. Face disguise -> To request
5. Trough for animal food -> Wrath; strong displeasure
6. Sparse, poor quality -> Showing keen interest
7. Symbolic team figure -> Necktie or scarf with broad ends
8. Anything that belongs to a group -> Glowing wood fragment
Check Braingle.com for the answer.