Let’s Make a Wonderful Halos Mandarin Craft | Holiday Snowman 2021
Wonderful Halos Mandarin Craft | Holiday Snowman 2021
Created by Jodi Levine
● A recycled cardboard tube (from aluminum foil, plastic wrap, paper towels, or toilet
● Black paint
● Black heavy paper or card stock
● Round object to trace, 3” wide (such as a jar cap or the inside of a roll of masking tape)
● 3 Wonderful Halos mandarins
● 9 Cloves
● Small piece of carrot, cut into a small conical carrot shape
● Small clean twigs (or grape stems if you want to keep your snowman edible)
● Toothpicks or wooden skewers
● A thick piece of yarn or felt cut to 11”
1. Cut off a 1 ¼” piece of the cardboard tube and paint it black.
2. While drying, make the hat brim. Trace a circle, around 3” in diameter, and cut it out.
Use the cardboard tube to trace another circle in the center of your large circle and cut it out to make a donut shape. Use the tube to trace one more small circle for the hat top
and cut it out. Glue the small circle to the top of the painted tube piece and the donut shape to the bottom.
3. Push in two cloves to make the eyes and four for the mouth. Use a toothpick to poke a hole where you want the nose to go and push in the small carrot.
4. Press three cloves in the second mandarin for buttons and push in twigs (or grape stems) for arms.
5. Stack the three mandarins together and pierce toothpicks or skewers in as needed to help them stand up.
6. Loosely tie the yarn or felt around the snowman’s neck to make a scarf. Place the hat on top. You can add a toothpick to the top of the head to help stabilize it.
TIP: Instead of cloves, you can use a black food coloring marker to draw the eyes, mouth and buttons.
NOTE: Make sure to remove all the toothpicks before eating!
I decided to make my own Halo Snowman using supplies that were sent to me from Wonderful Halos. Check out my step by step video to see how I did and learn how to make your own: