We are going to my daughter Ginas house for Thanksgivinga few simple things that I will be doing to get ready for the big day
A simple outfit for Thanksgiving DayBlack knit top and pants, with a plaid blanket scarf, a few pieces of jewelry and orange ballet flats to match!!The blanket scarf could be worn in several different styleshere are two ways that I triedI draped the scarf over my shoulders then sinched it with a black beltnothing could be simpler!!Another styleI draped one end of the shawl over my shoulder and secured it with a gold bow pin
More ways to simply fashion a blanket scarf!!!
We are in charge of the appetizers for Thanksgiving dinnerso I practiced on Victor
I got the idea for Spinach Balls on my last postremember the cookbook that I found among my mothers pots and pans, A Recipe for a Good Life?click here to read that post! This recipe is so simple, you could make them the day before and heat them in the microwave before serving!! Victor loved them!!!
This is the original recipe, I tweaked it a little but I love the inspirational sayings and thought they are so appropriate for Thanksgiving I will give you my version and you can choose which one youd like to make!!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups finely crushed herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix (I used organic from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, stuffing mix, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, Italian seasoning, melted butter and eggs. Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through and browned.
Another simple appetizer I will make for Thanksgiving is a charcuterie boarda recipe from my post in Augustclick here to read it!!
This is a charcuterie board we had at a local restaurant recently, Oscars in Dedham Square!! A charcuterie board is a platter or board filled with cheeses, fruit, nuts, olives, grains, spreads and especially cured meats!! One platter that has everything, what could be more simple?!!
This will be the first holiday without my mother, thats why I want to keep Thanksgiving simpleso I am so grateful that Gina is taking over this year
Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot. -Hausa Proverb-
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALLMAY WE ALL BE GRATEFUL THIS THANKSGIVING, FOR THE SIMPLE PLEASURES IN LIFE